Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The birth of craziness, part 2

So after a huge dramatic graduation day, my father had a lot of ass-kissing to do, both to me and my mother. I had never been so mad at him, and he knew it. He hung up on me when I called to tell my family that Andy and I were getting married, but I'd still never been so mad at him before. I considered not inviting him to my wedding and having a personal friend walk me down the aisle instead. So about 2 weeks after graduation, my father was in town.
Now, my father has never been one to buy affections, but he knew he had royally screwed up this time. So he bought me a gift, the best one he could have. I have a friend with a Canon Rebel XT. Actually, she has both the film and digital models. We took the film one on vacation last year, and even my father, who pretty much hates technology, was so impressed with the camera that he started discussing buying a laptop and a digital camera so that he could take more vacations, and thus, more pictures. My family hadn't taken a trip like last year's since just before I started kindergarten. This year we are going again.
I had expressed interest, before all this, about cameras, since I got into photography. But, let's face it, they're expensive. So I just put it out of my mind.
But after the fiasco that was my college graduation, my father had a lot of lost ground to recover. So when he came into town, he called me and I picked him up, and drove him to Target. At Target, he bought the camera I recommended previously and that my mother had decided she wanted. He bought all the stuff she needed to get started and I told him I'd search online for the other stuff she would eventually need. My mother is not tech saavy either, but she was adamant that she wanted a Rebel. So my mother got a Canon Rebel XT. Target, however, only had one camera. We couldn't believe it.
So we went to Best Buy, and discovered that the Xt was an old model. The next thing was the XTI. They had several other models, but I chose the XTI for it portability and other reasons.
So several failed attempts later, my mother and I both got new digital cameras. Whoo hoo!

No comments: