He has some serious Cattitude. Especially towards my camera.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
This may be one of my very most favorite pictures ever. I love the details. the keys are in focus, Punk is asleep, every hair in focus.... no extra scenery in the background. And just so sweet.
Remember when I said I was gonna make all the cheesecakes in the book I bought? Well, I've tried 2 recipes so far... hoping to make another tomorrow... This is my favorite of the two tho, it's a frozen Peanut Butter Cheesecake, with chocolate sauce. It's like a giant Reese's. Nom nom nom.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Happy Veteran's Day. It's never enough, but today is the day that we say thank you to those who have given a portion of, or perhaps their full, lives to protect our freedoms and the American way of life. Maybe we don't always agree on the fight, maybe we don't think agree with the methods, but we should always stand behind our troops. I don't care if you are against the Iraq war, the Vietnam war, any war, I don't wanna hear any crap about our men and women. They have left behind their homes, their families, their other jobs, their free time, their lives altogether, just because our country asked them to. When I go to work and hear people complain about their jobs, today I'm just gonna punch them. Because we have it good because someone else is willing to help by taking the bad. So shut the fuck up and be grateful.
While he was referring to something else, I think Brian in Cedar Rapids said it best when he said "I live in the best country on Earth. Where else would people I don't know do this for me?"
So thanks Daddy, Chris, Grandpa, Mikey, Dewey, Michael, Anthony, Donovan, Yvonne, Denny, and everyone who has served, is serving now, or will serve in the future. We don't deserve you, but Thank God we have you.
Monday, November 10, 2008
Just quick note... Look how big and still cute my baby is getting! He's been remarkably calm for the last day or so... I hope the weather is just changing or he's growing up. I am a little concerned that he might be getting sick... but maybe the nastiness (you can thank me for not explaining what I mean by that) is just cuz his body is changing and that it will be soon time to give him adult food instead of kitten chow.
He's getting pretty round, so I worry about over-feeding, but you can definitely tell when he's hungry... and I don't want him to be uncomfortable...
Just so cute, even when eating the pants I was currently wearing... well, cute in picture... sharp in real life....
Saturday, November 8, 2008
1. What do you add to your coffee? I don't drink coffee. I bought a glass teapot and flower tea today tho! I'm excited to try it.
2. What are you reading now? A Body To Die For by Kate White (she's the editor of Cosmo! I read her last book and it was great, so I'm excited to get into this one)
3. Do you own a gun? no
4. Are you registered to vote? Yes, i voted a month ago
5. What do you think of Hot Dogs? they are ok, on occasion.
6. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? no, not really. not for my own anyway.
7. Favorite Christmas Song? Pretty Paper or Silver Bells
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? coke or mr. pibb
9. Can you do push ups? yeah.
10. What was the name of your first boyfriend? Geoff
11. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? my Gaelic "Love of my heart" temporary engagement ring from Andy.
12. Favorite Hobby? plurk, reading, crafty things
13. Do you work with people who idolize you? no, thinkin' not... hahaha
14. Do you have ADD? Not that I know of... I have my days where you would swear I did...
15. What’s one trait that you hate about yourself? I get bored with myself. I can sit forever with a person tho...
16. What’s your middle name? Dawn
17. Name three things you brought yesterday? um... bought lunch at Bucks, that's all... soooo... pizza, garlic breadsticks and a hot chocolate. Today I bought x-mas presents for my mother ( a zester, and looked at a card reader for her), my future father-in-law (the grindhouse films collection) and my future mother-in-law (a tea collection that benefits breast cancer research).
18. Name three thoughts you had just now. What should I think about? Am I that boring? Who is the dude on tv?
19. Name 3 beverages you regularly drink. Coke, water, juice
20. Current worry right now? the wedding.
21. Favorite place to be? with Andy
22. How did you bring in the New Year? drunk, playing pool in my basement, laughing with my hos, getting yelled at by my mom.
23. Where would you like to go? back to Yellowstone, to China, to the jungle.
24. What color shirt do you have on? Andy's black "American Mars" shirt
25. Can you whistle? Yeah. I do it at the cat a lot.
Friday, November 7, 2008
I never do these things, but I'm bored and I just got my first cell phone and it is AMAZING, so I'm gonna do it. And I guess you are supposed to tag people... so... whatever. tag, you're it and there is no homebase.
OK, Mobile Phone quiz:
1) what color is it? Grey back, clear cover.
2) Who is the first person to come up under M? I think Mom. she may be the only M I have on there.
3) Who is the last person you called? Andy? I think... he's the person I contact the most...
4) Who was your last missed call from? um.... some guy I don't know... his phone number is one off of mine... so I have no idea why he would call me... but I called back and confused him too.
5) Who is the second person who comes up under A? I'm not sure I have anyone under A besides Andy. Wait, I'm wrong. Andy is the second person, since it's alphabetical. Amanda is the first.
6) Who is speed dial #2? I don't have any clue. I never set speed dial. Unless you count the In Case of Emergency as speed dial... then 1 is Andy, 2 is my dad and 3 is Sharon.
7) Who is the 3rd person who comes up under J? I only have one J so far. It's Jamie. I've only had my phone since Monday....
8) Who was your last received call from? ummmm... I'd have to check later (I don't bring my phone to work) but maybe Coonrad? I think Coonrad.
9) Who is speed dial #3? Nobody.
10) What is your background? I haven't changed it yet, so just the standard yellowish art. I kinda like it tho. When closed, (and locked) (the front screen is a clear touch screen) the background is a red artsy screen with a shimmering lock on it
11) How many text messages are currently in your inbox? ummm... I just cleaned it out again last night, cuz (after 2 days!!) it told me I was getting close to full, but i think there are like 43 in there now... or something like that.
13) What does the 5th message in your inbox say? i dunno... will have to tell you later.
14) Who is the first person that comes up under B? um, well, I only have Bobbi in Bs, so probably Dad. haha.
15) Who was your last text message from? unless I've gotten one while I am here at work, my last was from Andy, last night telling me goodnight. I did get a mobile IM last night that I didn't get until this morning... I do think I dreamed about my phone beeping tho...
16) Name every person you have text messages from: Well, I cleaned the inbox last night, so I think they are all from Andy, one from Kate and 2 from Verizon... but before that I had Andy, Sabrina, Kate, Jesse, Jamie, Verizon, Lisa... maybe more that I'm forgetting.
17) Who do you have the most received calls from? Um... Sabrina might be the most calls, since Andy knows I am in looooove with texting on "Louie" (haha, so when I got my phone I told Andy that I was now in love with "Louie" and now he thinks that's what I should really name my phone... I gotta remember to bring up the subject that he touches "Louie" too... and that he loves to play with it...
18) Whuy is there no 18? Is there some unwritten rule to these things that says you must leave out at least one question when you make them?
19) What does the 6th message in your Outbox say? Well, I erased most of them last night.. and I think I only had like 2 saved... but I texted right before bed... so the last one probably says goodnight to Andy.
Who is the first person in your phone book? Well, it has the ICE at the top in red... (and those names are highlighted in red in the contacts list too) but I think my first specific person is Amanda.
21) Who is the last name in your phonebook? Will Knapp. well, voicemail and all that jazz is in there too, but he's the last person.
22) Do you have a camera phone? Yes.
23) Who is the last person under G? Nobody is in G.
24) What does the first text message in your inbox say? I have no clue right now. I'd have to tell you later.
25) Where do you usually carry your phone? In my pocket. Occasionally in my purse... but VERY rarely... I like it to be close and accessible...
Monday, November 3, 2008
- ► 2010 (50)
- ► 2009 (132)
- ▼ November (14)