Saturday, December 27, 2008
And to top it all off, Andy's family treats Punk like a member of the family, like a cute little pet, even though Dawn is allergic. (Punk's had a bath so he's pretty much allergen free, but my family treats him like scourge and he doesn't hurt them in any way...) So they are way higher on my list than my family right now.
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
I said WAS. I started to write and realized it tried to spell "fly" as flight without the "T". Maybe that's cuz I stayed up til 4:30 working on Christmas presents for 'my babies'. And they are fantastic. Thom-monster is getting a papercraft Bambiraptor and maybe a triceratops, Matthew's getting a pirate games and Faith will be getting a thing to hang from her ceiling... after I make it tonight, of course.... haha.... they are Teh Awesomez. But dude, I'm tired now... so I guess, except for the witty, I did write about all that jazz... Whatdaya know?! OK, off the internetz and home to print a build some more madness. Pictures to come, soonish.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
You have probably seen this game before, but if not the rules are simple: copy my questions and answers, replace my answers with yours, and either post on your blog or in comments.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Kinda. My dad used to be a long-haul truck driver and Bill Macc was the all night DJ in texas. My dad was driving one night and heard Bill Mac announce that he’d just had a daughter, Misty Dawn Macc. My dad liked the name and made a note. So if either of my brothers had been girls, they would have been named Misty Dawn. And then I was born at 6:04 a.m. on a foggy day… so haha.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
ummmm, probably Thursday night?
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Sometimes. It varies from day to day, some days I like to type instead. It also depends on the pen, some days.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Ham (especially that weird ‘ham and cheese loaf’ with the cheese squares in it…
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Not yet, unless you count Punk, my cat, whom I refer to as my son….
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Depends. Some days I like me more than others.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS
Yes, although I would love to get rid of them.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
I think so.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
either Basic 4 or Honey Bunches of Oats
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Death by Chocolate
13. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
14. RED OR PINK?
red, usually… or hot pink
15. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
mmmmmmm…. I feel pretty good about me now… but probably how paranoid/worrisome I am.
16. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
17. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU?
I guess so… I have one regular reader here… so I welcome any replies…
18. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
I’m barefoot in bed. But I’ve been wearing my airwalks all week
19. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Cold Stone Mint Chocolate creation-y thing.
20. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
“MANswers” on TV
21. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
either teal or lime… or a shade of blue or green
22. FAVORITE SMELLS?
fruity things, like lime, mango, peach, etc. especially citrusy... or Andy
23. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
left a voicemail on Sabrina’s phone… actually talked to Andy….
24. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
no one sent it… but I like the person whose blog I stole it from…
25. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
um… ew. Only time I really watch sports is the Olympics, I guess… love gymnastics
26. Hair Color?
very dirrrrty blonde…..
27. EYE COLOR?
28. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
29. FAVORITE FOOD?
30. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
31. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Ummmm…
the sex and the city movie? I think?
32. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
grey m’side summer youth institute t-shirt, maroon lettering
33. SUMMER OR WINTER?
summer. I hate the cold… I am currently stuck in the “Frozen Palm Tree Tundra” too
34. Hugs or kisses?
mmmmm, who’s giving them?
35. FAVORITE DESSERT?
hard to say, probably brownies
36. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
idk… Kris? lol
37. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND
38. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
I finished my book, need to start a new one
39. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
I don’t have one… my finger is on my trackpad…
40. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
I dunno. Abby had the remote, I was texting then I fell asleep
41. FAVORITE SOUND?
“I love you.” or andy “mmmmmm”-ing
42. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
43. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
ummmmmm…. The pacific coast
44. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I have many… just don’t ask me to specify now… im tired… well, I have mad grammar editing skills…. And I’m an amazing cook… I have other skills, but I forget them right now…
45. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
46. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK?
anyone who gives them
side note, I just learned how to add the pics like this... so yay me!
Saturday, December 6, 2008
I shamelessly stole this from http://tm2ts.sarahsmidnightfantasy.com/2008/11/30/meme-bold-the-things-youve-done/ (piumpage? I think so...)
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee Jumped
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a
28. Ridden in a gondola in
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma –I’m also part of the national bone marrow registry…
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in
74. Toured the
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the
80. Published a book
81. Visited the
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one-- ironic, since I'm home for my grandmother's funeral right now...
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee – wasp yes, bee no.
100. Read an entire book in one day
I almost had #9, but I let him crawl around instead of holding him. As for #56, it should happen in a couple years…
Monday, December 1, 2008
At lunch my dad said no matter what, he wasn't thankful for snow. After a minute, I said that since it was snowing and Andy and I were in a hurry so as not to have to drive in bad weather, I bought Dad lunch. He had to concede that point to me.
Since CrackCat coated himself in wax, he has been very calm and snuggly and apparently all the wax he's been eating (as he cleans himself) has helped him somehow, he hasn't barfed since he got waxed. He's waterproof now, I guess... that's good right? Now he's losing some fur, but you know, if he goes temporarily bald, I can make him wear a sweater (bwahahahahaha) and no one can be allergic to him if he doesn't have hair...
While it wasn't fun and I stood around feeling awkward for an hour and my cheesecake was done much later than I wanted to be baking, I'm glad we went to see my grandma in the nursing home Wednesday. A couple minutes before midnight last night, my mom called and said the nursing home had called and said grandma had died a few minutes before. So I guess things come more hidden than we even know. I dunno. It doesn't really upset me that much, altho I'm sure i'll bawl when I see my mom, but I am quite melancholy today.
It's a gray day and I am blue. My world is colorful. I am terribly sleepy. And hungry. I am just needy all over I guess. Oh well. This, too, shall pass.
Fast forward to Friday. The day after Thanksgiving is the day I traditionally put up my xmas tree in the basement. Got up fairly early in the morning, went up, let out the cat, woke up Andy, the usual. Around 11 or so, my mother comments that it stinks in the room that the cat stays in. I write it off in my head as my mother being whiny like usual. A short while later, CrackCat cracks out, so we put him in the utility room to have alone time. Cat barfs again. a little snuggle time and stuff, then back to his room. one crash later and Andy checks on him. My mother has put a candle warmer in his room, leaving the cord draped and he has dumped a candle on himself. waaaay waxy. take hours, combing, washing, chilling, calling the vet and taking care of the cat. gross feeling, but ok. a very calm cat after that, waaay snuggly. i put up my tree and wrap presents while he has alone time and then naps on my friends, who came over whilst i was wrapping things.
Saturday had Finley-time: tea party, pizza, decorating for xmas, ranting time, etc. Fantastic, just what I needed. They gave us a bed frame, 2 filing cabinets and a desk shelf thingie. WHOOO HOOOO!! This means we only have to get a matress and a box spring when we get married. Super Sweet... played "national park-opoly" with the fam. weird but fun.
Sunday to church, lunch, all the thinkgs you do, then back to sc. just chilled. this is long and you know all the pertinent details for now. follow up post after lunch, getting light headed. and dear coworker just barfed. I shall return.
- ► 2010 (50)
- ► 2009 (132)