Saturday, December 25, 2010
Monday, November 8, 2010
The best moment of "girl time" was probably as we got ready for the Groom's Dinner the night before:
Mindy doing Kari's makeup: "I feel like I'm doing makeup for Halloween!"
Kari: "Is she making me look like a whore?"
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Saturday, October 2, 2010
|Nothing enters our home without a good sniffing.|
|Cute little napkins.|
|This is the cutest darn note, but for some reason, stupid Blogger won't let me upload the picture of the other side!|
|Punk thinks the box is the best part!|
I crawled through the arm of my futon to get this shot, but Punk's pretty used to me getting in his face.
Ick, I didn't even notice the hair on the carpet until I looked at this shot.
Saturday, September 25, 2010
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Sunday, September 5, 2010
Andy: Hey, you wrote that barbaric yawp thing on the mirror.
Me: Actually, Walt Whitman wrote that.
Andy: You're a jerk.
(In case you don't recognize it, that's "I sound my barbaric YAWP over the roofs of the world," from Walt Whitman's Leaves of Grass.) I didn't tell him that it had taken 2 days before he noticed it.
(Thinking I should name all pets after poets from now on, just to confuse Andy when stuff like this happens.
"Hey you wrote that thing on the mirror!" "Actually it was Tennyson." "The cat?!?!")
This is from a couple weeks ago when water started leaking in my windowsills again. I decided I better wear safety glasses before I accidentally poked my own eye out from being so mad... I recommended them for anyone near me as well!
I cleaned the space between the futon and the bookshelf (I have my eye on an actual shelf for it, one that matches the shelf in the living room, but that's not at the top of my projects list right now!) Punk loves sitting wherever I clean (ah, fresh cat hair.... goodie!)
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Since I got home, there's been a lot of cleaning and catching up on various things. Things are pretty chaotic-- there's a leaking problem from upstairs when it rains, so all the stuff I put away is out again, to keep it away from the water and such. Ooh! I also won a book from Read It Forward -- The King's Mistress -- which came as a surprise to me today! I haven't started it yet but once I get into it, I'll be sure to tell you all my favorite things!
In case you were wondering what all I did while I was gone, I thought I'd share my facebook statuses, but I did the entire post and then blogger stopped saving and froze and ate half this post! Maybe tomorrow will be a better day for it. :(
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
I hope someday (even next week!) someone calls me an old bat.
Me: Yeah. Hungry, I think.
Andy: Yeah, I think I'm about to go cut some cheese.
Monday, July 12, 2010
(The white vase on the left I got a few years ago. I was excited to see the other one (on the right) because it reminded me of the other one! I love them both!)
No pictures of the vase I poured Coke into last night, though! It's still in the sink!
Me: "Can I have a coke? I poured mine into the vase."
Andy: "Haven't heard *that* one before!"
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Me: I am a fucking toddler.
In other news, Crissy is having a Vajazzling kit giveaway. To enter, you simply have to write comment containing a haiku or a limerick about Down-There-Decorating.
So we all KNOW I had to enter.... He's my comment-- because I think I'm funny sometimes.
Well, thank goodness I took 3 years of college poetry. I'll have to tell my dad I used that degree in real life today. Maybe I'll leave out that it was a limerick about vaginas...
There once was a man from Rangina,
Who wanted his woman to have a sparkly vagina
"Vajazzle" he cried,
From embarrassment, she died
Although, the doctor declared it was angina.
alternate ending line (because I can't decide which I like better):
From embarrassment she died,
So he had to decorate his own Mangina.
The title of this post makes a lot more sense now, huh?
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Monday, July 5, 2010
Sunday, July 4, 2010
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Happy Birthday. You're really old, you know that? Like, older than dirt. There are mountains younger than you.
In honor of your birthday, I've written some things I love about you:
- You are ridiculously stubborn. But it works for you.
- You have a soft heart for stray cats.
- You adopt all my friends.
- You re-named Faith "Phooey" and taught her to say "bitch" instead of "beach." I probably wouldn't find that as funny if she'd said it in front of her mom.
- You hate to paint and it amuses me since I LOVE it.
- You go out and weed the Buffalo grass (by hand!) but you never mow the lawn.
- You fix all the crap I can't, like the futon bar.
- You do things yourself, so know I know how to install a picture window, put siding up, and build garage doors.
- I'm 23 and you still ask if I want to go for a ride in the truck. (he drives a semi.)
- You put up the self-portrait I put on my graduation announcements in your truck. You taped it over the boobie calendar. I bet the guys in the shop loooove you for that! Haha, but it took me over an hour to set up the studio to take that picture, so I appreciate it.
- You built me a giant cat house so stupid Moki would be safe.
- You buy me tools for my birthday, if I don't tell you what I want.
- You fall asleep in the recliner. I fall asleep EVERY TIME I sit in my reading nook.
- You walk the fence-line for no reason. I miss doing that.
- You feed Fluffenstuf oatmeal.
- You unplug everything.
- You still call me Sweety.
- You bought my favorite gift (my camera).
- You are "cute, funny, handsome, modest and smart. Oh, and modest. Mostly modest."
- You are older than dirt, but you are my rock.
Monday, June 7, 2010
And, finally, I spent the weekend with my Mother-in-law and my brother-in-law. Dawn (the MIL) brought me these super cute scrapbooks. (They're empty so I can decide what I want to put in them.)
So cute!! Ok, I have to go beat the pants off Andy in MarioKart! Hahahahaha!
- ► October (5)
- A Demotivational Poster, WAITING to be Made!
- A thank you... with Difficulty...
- It's not as sweet as it seems.
- Big Paws
- Birthday Flowers 25
- Paw Pads
- Oh, Andy...
- Thanks, WW.
- Sewing projects as of 7-5-2010
- Safety first... or 3rd, whatever.
- Coffee Cozy 2
- hex pincushion
- Coffee cozies together
- Build a bag
- "Whut? I'm helping"
- Sooooooo tired, but must do more crafts....
- Library Cat disapproves of your book choice.
- ► July (9)
- ► 2009 (132)