Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What to do, What to do....

It's been a while, huh? OK, so updatey things... I've worked in the VISTA office for almost 2 weeks now, I'm running surveys about service-learning, I'm supposed to get housing soon, if I get something good, I might get a pet, we'll see....
I'm signed up to go do disaster relief in Cedar Rapids (IA) at the end of the month, I'm supposed to go to Blaze training for Americorps in Lincoln in about 2 weeks... and I think I'm going to the Gulf coast for spring break this year, as a possible 'supervisor' for the Volunteers in Mission team here at M'side... and since it's a service project, it doesn't count as my vacation time...whoo hoo!
Wedding plans.... are a little bit at a standstill... I'm not really sure what to do at this point... Andy doesn't seem to be interested in anything except his computer and some game he and Russ have been playing for a couple months... I don't know... it seems like he has time to chase after every person going in and out of the apartment, especially when Russ grills, but he doesn't care if I go walking alone at midnight. We have watched a few movies lately, but it seems like he's choosing to watch movies because then he doesn't have to be actively involved with me... He has a lot of free time, especially while I'm at work, so I don't know why he can't play most of the day and then actually try to be WITH me when I'm home... I've also asked several times if he has done any work on our wedding website... he always says he's done something but won't show me because 'it's not ready yet' or he 'wants it to be perfect' when I see it... I don' t know... I don't know whether he has actually worked on anything, or if he just wants me to leave him alone. Sharon says the wedding is essentially a party for me and he just gets to show up and enjoy, but dammit... SOME help, SOME enthusiasm, ANYthing at all would be nice...
He also hasn't picked his best man yet... he knew groomsmen when he asked, he just couldn't decide which one would be best man... and he STILL doesn't know...
I sort of wonder if he still wants to get married... I mean, I still don't have the 'proper' ring... he says he's saving, and that he almost has enough, and that he has it narrowed down to 2 different rings... but I really don't know if he actually does, or if he just wants me to let it go... I don't know... today is 1 year, 2 months and 4 days until our wedding, according to Facebook's countdown application... and I don't have a ring, he hasn't picked a best man, our wedding site isn't up, I haven't seen our site, he hasn't made his side of the guest list, and he still hasn't even been out to Ponca to look at where we are booking our wedding... I guess he has decided he wants tuxes, not suits... so that's sorta progress... but idk... things aren't looking too hot at the moment...
I'm worried... but I guess I better get to work so that we can afford to rent the freaking wedding site... i quit.

No comments: