Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Heartfelt Thanks


Happy Veteran's Day. It's never enough, but today is the day that we say thank you to those who have given a portion of, or perhaps their full, lives to protect our freedoms and the American way of life. Maybe we don't always agree on the fight, maybe we don't think agree with the methods, but we should always stand behind our troops. I don't care if you are against the Iraq war, the Vietnam war, any war, I don't wanna hear any crap about our men and women. They have left behind their homes, their families, their other jobs, their free time, their lives altogether, just because our country asked them to. When I go to work and hear people complain about their jobs, today I'm just gonna punch them. Because we have it good because someone else is willing to help by taking the bad. So shut the fuck up and be grateful.
While he was referring to something else, I think Brian in Cedar Rapids said it best when he said "I live in the best country on Earth. Where else would people I don't know do this for me?"

So thanks Daddy, Chris, Grandpa, Mikey, Dewey, Michael, Anthony, Donovan, Yvonne, Denny, and everyone who has served, is serving now, or will serve in the future. We don't deserve you, but Thank God we have you.

No comments: