Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thursday Thirteen: The Future

For this week's Thursday Thirteen, I wanted to broach a subject I've just begun to seriously contemplate. I've had an interest in National Parks for a while, but recently I've decided I really would like to be a Park Ranger. Andy thinks it would be great to be a pod-caster living in a National Park, so he's decided he is all for it. I mentioned it to my Dad at Easter and he seems to be interested in it as well. I think he just likes the idea of me working in a park so he gets to take vacations and maybe get discounts on park fees, haha. He's stated several times that he didn't think i was meant to live in a city. I don't know that I agree with him, but I do know that if I wanna do this, I should do it now, while I can. I do still want to be an editor, but I can free-lance online for random work. And there will always be time to be an editor after we start having babies and don't want to move around so much.
So for this week, I did some research and came up with the thirteen parks I would like to work/live in.

1. Natchez Trace, Mississippi
2. Big Cypress, Florida
3. Olympic, Washington
4. Guadalupe Mountains, Texas
5. San Juan Islands, Washington
6. Gulf Islands, Mississippi
7. Yellowstone, Wyoming/Montana/Idaho
8. Dry Tortugas, Florida
9. Rocky Mountains, Colorado
10. Mesa Verde, Colorado
11. Yosemite, California
12. Glacier, Montana/Canada
13. Isle Royale, Michigan

More to come about that later... but for now, that's my Thursday Thirteen.

No comments: